- I am 21 years old, I am a college student at UW Oshkosh studying Human Services. The career path I plan to head down is abuse counseling/family and marriage counseling. I currently work for Wisconsin Early Autism Project (WEAP) doing in home therapy for kiddos.
2. How did you get into crossfit?
- I heard of a lot of people doing it and originally had the same thought pattern that many did… “these people are fucking nuts”. Though, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. So one day I broke down and started looking for some boxes around me. I came across two of them. A1 happened to be the closest to me and had better rates.. I haven’t regretted my decision, at least not after my first week. That was just the body aches talking..
3.How long have you been doing it?
- I have been doing crossfit for a little over a year. I started in August of 2015.
4. What’s your favorite movement?
- Back squats and dead lifts.
5. Do you have a favorite wod?
- Anything that doesn’t involve burpees.
6. What keeps you coming back for more?
- The atmosphere and the friendships I have made, for sure. I’ve never met such kind, caring, outgoing, and fun people. I look forward to coming to the box and the comrodery that comes along with it. I used to do some workouts at home, but realized they were nothing compared to what we do at the gym. I can’t think of anywhere else that people are so inspiring to help push you to be your best and want you to succeed as much as they do at A1.
7.What are your crossfit goals?
- To gain muscle and be able to lift heavy, as well as get a great workout to help get into shape.
8. If you could be reincarnated as an animal, which one would you choose and why?
- We often talk about this at home, I would want to come back as a dog that lives in a loving, warm home. I can’t imagine coming back as some sort of wildlife that has to fight to stay alive and warm.